Please call our dedicated help line 971-350-3080
The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a global pandemic and a national emergency. Part of minimizing your exposure to this disease is to keep your property disinfected. Learn how Certified Indoor Environmental’s disinfecting service is the most effective method and how it is also safe and affordable. Click here to see what we are doing to keep you and our team safe when visiting your property.
Creative solutions COVID-19
Please check out our resource guidance below to help with:
- Home tours/buyers & sellers- keeping safe
- Client apprehensions around exposure to covid-19
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces
- Add a disinfecting service to your seller contracts or offer a disinfecting service to your buyer
Disinfecting is a critical component to reopening your property. Learn how Certified can help based on information from the CDC, Governor Kate Brown, and other local experts in our local community. Reopening Guidance
What Do We Know About the Virus: (World Health Organization)
- Covid-19 spreads through droplets, but many may not realize that coughing or sneezing can spread a cloud of mist up to 19-26 feet. Therefore, it is important to stay a minimum of six feet away from others.
- Washing your hands frequently with soap is very important. This is a virus not a bacteria, so hand soap is fine (see hand washing video); do not need anti-bacterial soap.
- Viruses are not alive, so kill claims do not make sense. Viruses have a membrane (like a soap bubble). We want to breakdown the membrane and deactivate the virus (soap and alcohol-based products are effective).
You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within 3 feet of a person who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth before washing your hands.
May persist on surfaces for a few hours up to several days. (some sources say 45 days)
Keeping you and your clients safe is top-of-mind
In-person home showings are highly discouraged, but if you must show a home to a potential buyer, then here is some safety guidance.
Safety Checklist for Safely Showing Homes | COVID-19
- Do NOT tour the home if you feel ill in any way.
- Turn on lights & open doors to bedrooms and closets to help avoid spreading germs. Sanitize in between showings whenever possible.
- Remove shoes outside of the home.
- Wear protective gloves or masks if possible.
- Please sanitize your hands before entering and after.
- Please refrain from touching surfaces. Please do not open refrigerators or kitchen cabinets, please do not touch kitchen counter-tops.
- Do not touch cabinet or door handles whenever possible.
- RESTROOM POLICY: Please do NOT use the restroom(s) in the home.
- No more than two people at a time. Please continue to practice social distancing while inside the home.
- Please limit time in the home to less than 20 minutes.
More helpful tips from Multifamily blog
BEST ADVICE: Ease apprehensions by hiring a 3rd party disinfecting service for new buyers prior to move in date.
According to the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases, Covid-19 can last on…
- glass for 4 days
- plastic and stainless steel for three days
- cardboard for 24 hours
- copper for 4 hours
Please use our high touch cleaning checklists to help with cleaning surfaces in homes. EPA-approved cleaning products can be found on the CDC Website.
Why not add a professional disinfecting service (wipe, fog, test) to the selling contract or Repair Addendum?
WIPE – Our cleaning process removes the bio-film and disinfects to coat all high touch surfaces.
FOG – We then fog to remove airborne pathogens and hard to reach spots.
TEST – We swab and test surfaces to offer immediate results with a full report sent to the home owner within 24 hours.
We offer 3 packages to fit all needs and budgets.
April presentation for Real Estate Services