Creative solutions COVID-19
Please check out our resource guidance below to help with:
- Covid-19 exposure in my home
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces
Disinfecting is a critical component to reopening your property. Learn how Certified can help based on information from the CDC, Governor Kate Brown, and other local experts in our local community. Reopening Guidance
What Do We Know About the Virus: (World Health Organization)
- Covid-19 spreads through droplets, but many may not realize that coughing or sneezing can spread a cloud of mist up to 19-26 feet. Therefore, it is important to stay a minimum of six feet away from others.
- Washing your hands frequently with soap is very important. This is a virus not a bacteria, so hand soap is fine (see hand washing video); do not need anti-bacterial soap.
- Viruses are not alive, so kill claims do not make sense. Viruses have a membrane (like a soap bubble). We want to breakdown the membrane and deactivate the virus (soap and alcohol-based products are effective).
You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within 3 feet of a person who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth before washing your hands.
May persist on surfaces for a few hours up to several days. (some sources say 45 days)
Exposure to Covid-19 in Your Home
If you have to have someone in your home (repairs, emergency, visitors)
Use this Checklist for Guidance | COVID-19
- Do NOT allow anyone in your home if they (or you) feel ill in any way.
- Turn on lights & open doors to rooms they will be in to help avoid spreading germs. Sanitize for and after visits whenever possible.
- Remove shoes outside of the home.
- Wear protective gloves or masks if possible.
- Provide hand sanitizer for their hands before entering and after.
- Ask them to refrain from touching surfaces unless necessary.
- Keep time in home to a minimum.
- Limit the amount of people to ensure you can practice social distancing while inside the home.
If someone in your home has the virus, we recommend cleaning all high touch surfaces and hiring a pro service to fog your home with a hospital-grade disinfectant to ensure all hard to reach areas and airborne pathogens are removed. We offer three packages to choose from. See more about our disinfecting method and pricing packages here.
According to the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases, Covid-19 can last on…
- glass for 4 days
- plastic and stainless steel for three days
- cardboard for 24 hours
- copper for 4 hours
Please read our blog post on best ways to clean/disinfect and best household products to use. Also below is our printable high touch cleaning checklists to help with cleaning surfaces in homes. EPA-approved cleaning products can be found on the CDC Website.