Crawl spaces offer convenient access to a home’s plumbing and mechanical systems and occasionally serve as small storage areas. Most homeowners don’t access their crawl space unless they need to get to the equipment installed there or unless a potential home buyer is having an inspection performed if the home is for sale. The crawl space is probably a home’s most ignored space, although homeowners would be wise to pay more attention. Why?
Over time, crawl spaces, especially in older homes, attract and retain water and moisture. Excess moisture in a crawl space is not good. It leads to rotting wood, mold, and other issues that can cause structural damage and even allow small animals such as squirrels and rodents to set up residence. And once mold takes hold, its effects, combined with the mustiness of the air in the damp crawl space environment, can permeate and negatively affect the air quality inside your home. Poor indoor air quality is a concern, especially for people with allergies and asthma, as their symptoms can worsen in the presence of a mold infestation.
If you think you have mold in your crawl space or want to test the ambient air quality, Certified Indoor Environmental can help. We handle all types of mold questions and concerns and are available for air testing and inspections in both residential and commercial properties. As one of Oregon’s top-rated mold remediation companies, we have helped hundreds of customers in the Portland metropolitan and Salem areas and been give us a 5 star customer service rating in customer satisfaction surveys. We know mold, and we remediate it everywhere – from dark attic recesses to out-of-the-way basement and crawl space areas.
What Causes Mold in My Crawlspace?
For mold to take hold and grow, it needs only four ingredients: mold spores, which are already in the air; organic matter, such as wood or insulation; the right temperature; and moisture in the form of water, dampness or humidity.
Of those four ingredients, the one you have the most control over is moisture. Therefore, if you want to avoid an infestation from mold in your crawl space, you have to eliminate that.
Water and moisture get into crawl spaces from three main sources: 1) outside air that enters crawl space vents and increases the level of relative humidity in the crawl space, 2) lack of waterproofing or an improperly graded yard that allows water to enter and accumulate in the crawl space, or 3) moisture evaporating from the soil or foundation walls into the crawl space air. Eliminate the moisture and humidity, and you eliminate the chance of mold growing in your crawl space. A professional mold remediation company can check your crawl space and sample the air to determine if you have a mold problem in the works.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions, it’s time to call the pros at Certified Indoor Environmental:
- Do you think you have mold in your crawl space?
- Do you want to make sure the crawl space environment is not conducive to mold growth?
- Has anyone in your household complained of worsening asthma or allergy symptoms?
- Are you getting ready to sell your home?
- Are you considering buying a home that has a crawl space?
- Are you a realtor or insurance provider who needs to ensure a property is mold-free?
Why Call Certified Indoor Environmental for Crawl Space Mold Remediation?
Certified Indoor Environmental is different from most other mold removal and remediation companies for a ton of reasons. Keep reading to learn more about our company and how our professional mold inspection and remediation services can benefit you.
- We are family owned and operated. Unlike the larger franchise companies, we are sized just right to offer you personalized and individualized service, as well as all the attention to detail that is needed to finish every job properly and completely.
- We offer free on-site mold inspections with a response time usually 24 hours or less.
- We inspect to visually identify mold and determine the cause of moisture or humidity that led to the contamination and provide a detailed recommendation for fixing it.
- Our certified master technicians are IICRC-trained and certified. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification organization is the most widely accepted in the industry in terms of standards for the cleaning, inspection, and restoration.
- Customers on Yelp and Google consistently give us a 5 star rating in customer service and satisfaction.
- We adhere to EPA – Environmental Protection Agency – standards for mold remediation.
- Our mold-removal process is safe and effective.
- As technology leaders, we use the latest processes and technology for eliminating mold, including identifying the source of water entry and providing recommended solutions for reducing moisture.
- Most mold remediation projects can be completed in one day and with minimal disruption to the homeowner.
- We help you through the insurance claims process and provide you with before-and-after photos, process steps, and recommendations for removing the water problem that led to the mold infestation.
- Homeowners receive a mold report that contains photos of the attic area both before and after our work, the mold removal process steps we followed to clean and eliminate the mold, and our recommendations for preventing future infestations.
- We are licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Our mold remediation comes with a 36-month guarantee that the mold will not return to your property as long as you’ve followed the recommendations noted in our final inspection report.
The Certified Indoor Environmental pros have the expertise to test and remove mold from all types of crawl spaces. If you are a home owner, home buyer, or home seller in the Portland metropolitan or Salem area, and would like to know if your home’s crawl space contains mold, call us today. Or, if you’re a real estate agent, property inspector, or insurer, and you need crawl space mold cleaned and removed from a property of interest, we can help you too. We’ll be onsite promptly and work quickly to inspect and test the area for mold, then implement our proven process for completely eliminating mold from your property.