Mold contamination at a business, retail establishment, or multifamily residential property should be taken seriously and treated as an emergency. If not promptly and properly treated, an infestation from mold can result in extensive damage to the commercial structure, the physical building components, the goods and other items located there.
In addition, poor air quality from a high mold spore count can mean employees, customers, residents, and others could fall ill from allergic or asthmatic reactions. The end result of all of this can be lost productivity due to employee absence, a temporary shut-down of the business and lost revenues, and negative publicity for the business or property itself.
If your commercial property has a mold infestation, or you suspect it does, call the experts at Certified Indoor Environmental immediately. We are a leader in providing mold removal services in Oregon’s Portland and Salem metro areas, and offer a full range of commercial mold remediation services for any size or type of business.
Because customer service matters – to you and to us – our 5 star rated customer service representatives are available to handle your inquiries with professionalism and customized attention. For your peace of mind, the experts at Certified Indoor Environmental are licensed, bonded, and insured, and our mold remediation technicians are trained by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification – the IICRC – the most recognized certification and standard-setting organization for the inspection, cleaning, and restoration industries.
We understand the need for discretion, especially in commercial and retail locations where employees and customers come and go. We strive at all times to clean and remediate your mold issue as quickly as possible, while also minimizing disruptions to your business. Our process involves identifying and correcting the conditions that led to the infestation, and then cleaning the affected area thoroughly and safely. We go a step further to also clean materials and items that may have been contaminated by the infestation, including removing items that have been fully destroyed and cannot be salvaged.
Certified Indoor Environmental uses state-of-the-art equipment and adheres to proven mold cleaning and remediation processes. We have experience in all types of commercial environments, and can work our way around restrooms and break rooms, HVAC and equipment rooms, offices, and waiting rooms. We coordinate with you to minimize any downtime or interruption that may be necessary in the course of our mold removal process.
Has This Happened to Your Business?
Call Certified Indoor Environmental if your business has experienced any of the following:
- Any area of the building has suffered water damage, such as from a leaky pipe or flood
- Specific areas such as a basement or storage room have a musty smell
- Employees call out sick more frequently or complain of exacerbated allergies and asthma symptoms
- Building materials, structural elements, walls, ceilings, or furnishings feel or look damp or contain dark spots
- Building systems such as HVAC have broken down or not had regular maintenance
The best way to control the growth of mold inside your business is to control how much moisture is in the building. Water enters, or floods a building, through the path of least resistance. A leaky roof, uneven grading or landscaping around the exterior, a burst pipe, overflowing sink or toilet, or improper ventilation can all cause an accumulation of unwelcome dampness and moisture that can lead to mold.
Given the amount of mold spores that hang in the air naturally, these can turn into the beginnings of an infestation within just 24-48 hours of exposure to dampness. Business owners and property managers should address these concerns before they become larger and costlier mold problems.
The Certified Indoor Environmental Process
When you call Certified Indoor Environmental, we’ll send you a professional mold remediation expert who will follow our proven process to obtain the best results.
Our first step is to conduct a thorough inspection to determine the extent of the mold infestation and uncover other areas and signs of potential contamination. We check areas where water and moisture are already a problem as well as other spaces where humidity is an issue. We examine the entire commercial property to determine the most accurate level of possible mold contamination, including inspecting building equipment, contents, and furnishings.
By performing such a detailed assessment, we are able to customize and determine the most effective course of remediation for your situation, and provide you with an accurate estimate for our services.
Our commercial property mold remediation services follow a step-by-step process.
- Air sampling to determine the level of mold spores present
- Containment of the affected area for safety and to prevent the infestation from expanding
- Determining the source of the infestation and either, repairing the problem, or submitting a recommended solution
- Thorough cleaning and decontamination of the affected area, including stain removal
- Fogging the affected area to eliminate mold spores and prevent the infestation from recurring
- Post-treatment air sampling to confirm the mold infestation has been completely eliminated
- A report with full details and photos of the infestation, the steps Certified Indoor Environmental took to eliminate the mold, and our recommendations for the business to follow to prevent future infestations
Why Choose Certified Indoor Environmental?
As a professional commercial mold removal and remediation company serving the Portland metro and Salem areas of Oregon, Certified Indoor Environmental distinguishes itself in the industry by providing exceptional customer service that is responsive to the needs and concerns of every customer. Our commercial mold remediation services go above and beyond by:
- Inspecting to locate and identify the cause of your mold infestation
- Our use of safe, approved, state-of-the-art equipment, technology, and processes
- Minimizing a business’s downtime by completing many mold remediation jobs in one day
- Offering a 36-month guarantee on our service
- Facilitating the insurance claims process so you can get back to your own business
You can trust the professionals at Certified Indoor Environmental to possess the training and expertise to treat commercial mold contamination properly and thoroughly. We understand just how serious a mold contamination is to your business. If you have mold or are concerned about a possible infestation or the air quality in your place of business, call Certified Indoor Environmental and speak to one of our certified mold removal professionals today.