Attic mold is directly attributed to four main causes:
- Lack of adequate ventilation and/or improper ventilation to eliminate moisture
- Roof and/or roof flashing leaks
- Improperly exhausted bathroom fans, kitchen fans, and dryer vents
- Attic bypasses leaking warm air into the attic or attic air leaks that cannot escape the attic
Mold can cause damage to your home’s structural components – wood, drywall, insulation, etc. Mold can also destroy personal belongings stored in the attic, such as books, clothing, photos, and any other type of organic substance. Mold can worsen symptoms in people with allergies and asthma, and be especially dangerous to children and older people. Mold contamination requires prompt and proper treatment if you want to minimize the damage and restore your home to a safe, healthy condition.
The best way to control mold growth in your attic is to control the moisture that gets in. For example, in cold weather, moisture condenses on cold surfaces such as attic roof sheathing, or warm air leaks into the attic space from the rooms below, or ice dams build up on the roof and force water inside – all situations that present an optimum environment for mold to grow if the moisture has no way to escape. Attics should be properly ventilated so that moisture that enters also has a way to get out. Without ventilation, moisture and dampness have nowhere to go. As a result, mold spores quickly settle in and thrive in the dark, damp environment.
Our services include:
- An upfront inspection to locate the extent of the mold contamination and determine the source of moisture entry that is causing it.
- Safe, effective mold-remediation processes that eliminate mold at its root source.
- Protection of your home and, in most cases, completion of the mold remediation process in one day.
- Working with your insurance company to facilitate the claims process.
- Highly qualified mold remediation technicians with experience in microbial remediation procedures and protocols including, but not limited to, IICRC S520 Standard for Professional Mold Remediation and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards for mold remediation.
The professionals at Certified Indoor Environmental are experts at testing and removing mold in attics in all types of properties. If you have located mold in your attic, or believe you may have mold, call us right away. We will work quickly to inspect and test the area for mold, then put into action our guaranteed mold removal and remediation process.